What is a Developer License?
A JShop Server Developer license is ideal for web development companies looking for a package to use for their clients. Under a Developer license the owner can produce as many JShop Server sites as they like, with no additional licensing costs, giving them the ability to leverage our e-commerce platform with minimal costs.
Under the End User License Agreement (available during the ordering process) for the Developer license, however, there are some important limitations which guide exactly how you can use the software. These are as follows:
- You must be providing other services to the client you are using the sofware for. This means that you cannot simply install a copy of JShop Server on their site and leave them to it. Services can include setup, design, management, help and support. Hosting and installation on their own do not class as services.
- If the client you are using the software for decides that they no longer wish to use your services but still wish to continue using JShop Server, they will need to purchase their own license as your license would no longer cover their site.
- Under no circumstances should any distribution files that we make available (including installation files etc.) be provided to the end client.
- You are the point of contact for support to your end client and they should contact you for any such help. Of course, we provide support services to the developer license owner, so support requests can be sent to us if you cannot answer your client's questions, but we will only respond to the license owner and not your end client directly.
- You are not providing the client with their own license for JShop Server - you are permitting the use of your license to cover their usage of JShop Server on a site you are providing services to.