JShop Server 2.3.0 Beta Release / 20% Off Support Packages (17th May 2010)
We are pleased to announce the availability of 2.3.0 (Beta 1) for all customers. This can be downloaded from our registered users area from the 'Downloads' page and it is available to all users, regardless of support package. As previously announced this is being done to provide the widest possible number of test installations for the beta to help fully test the large number of new features and enahancements in 2.3.0. Some highlights of 2.3.0 include:
- New content management system called Articles built into JShop Server.
- New discount code and automatic discount facilities, including limiting to products, sections and product categories.
- One-step checkout option.
- Paypal Pro and Paypal Express integration.
- Google Checkout integration.
- XML Sitemap generation.
- Integrated 'search suggest' facility on shop search box.
- New template parsing to allow inclusion of template tags in any field, e.g. product descriptions, snippets etc.
- Multiple dispatch.
- Administration system now compatible with Opera 9 and Safari 4.
2.3.0 represents the largest single update to JShop Server since the release of 2.0.0 and contains many of the most keenly requested features from our Feature Voting system. A dedicated forum has been setup for feedback on the beta release and we'd like to encourage any user that installs and tests 2.3.0 to provide feedback via. that forum. In addition, for those with a support package, we can offer direct support for any issues encountered, including on live sites. If you do not currently have a forum account and are a registered user of JShop Server one can be opened at http://forums.jshopecommerce.com/ - once you have opened an account, login to your registered users area and on the 'Account Settings' page use the section on the right to link your forum account to your license.
Support Special Offer - 20% Off Support Prices
As we know that many customers will be keen to install this beta on their live sites, we are offering a 20% discount on all support packages purchased between now and the end of May 2010. To take advantage of this login to the registered users area, select 'Your Licenses' and click 'Order Extra Services'. The prices shown will reflect the 20% discounts. This discount is also available on new license purchases.